03 Feb Arizona Ranked in Top 10 Happiest States
Arizona has been named one of the top 10 “happiest” states according to the latest Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. Arizona was ranked number nine overall, an 11 ranking improvement over last year. Arizona ranked number six in Purpose, seven in Social, and eight in Physical. These high rankings are likely a part of the reason why Tucson has recently been recognized as a top city for millennials. The state also ranked 16 in community and 23 in financial.
The Gallup-Healthways defined each category as the following.
- Purpose: Liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: Having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: Managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: Liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
- Physical: Having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Arizona jumped 11 spots in the ranking in comparison to last year, only Florida (ranked 12) and Alabama (ranked 28) saw a greater increase in their ranking.
The Gallup-Healthways Top 10 states were as follows:
6. South Dakota
As a team of Tucson natives, we enjoy reading reports like this one that promote our state. If you ever come across exciting news that highlight Southern Arizona, please share it with us at AndyCourtneyProperties@topproducer.com. If you have any questions about the Tucson real estate market, or Tucson homes, please let us know. We are ready and willing to serve you.
To view the entire Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index report, click here.