13 Aug “A side of Sweet Potato Fries, please.”
Recently, my son Jeremy introduced me to this simple Sweet Potato Fries recipe. He claimed that this was a healthier alternative to my favorite fries from In and Out Burger. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4″ thin strips. Jeremy and John use a fry cutter when making the recipe. The thinner the better. Also, try to cut equal sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Put the sweet potato fries in a large bowl. Toss the fries in the olive oil until all fries are evenly coated, then mix in the pepper and salt.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. Spray paper lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Spread the potatoes in a single layer.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or to desired crispness. Cook time will vary and depends on size/thickness of fries. Turn the fries halfway through in order to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven when the edges begin to brown and fries begin to crisp. Add additional salt as needed.
Do you have any healthy, alternative food recipes that you would like to share? Send them in and we will post them to our website. Also, if you have any questions about the Tucson area or about residential real estate, please feel free to contact us through email at AndyCourtneyProperties@topproducer.com.